Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions about MonkeyPox:
1) Do we have the Monkey Pox vaccine at our clinic?
No we do not. Please contact Austin Public Health.
2) Are we able to test and when should a patient be tested?
If a patient has lesions, then we are able to test. This would be a curbside visit. If the patient says they have had close contact, but do NOT have symptoms, they should contact Austin Public Health.
3) What are the common signs and symptoms? Please review the link below:
4) How does Monkey Pox spread? Please review the link below:
5) If you would like to read more about the status of Monkey Pox in Travis County, you may read the link below. Currently, there are 9 confirmed cases in Travis County: